The 10 Best Pickleball Paddles For Singles in 2023
Are you having trouble playing singles games with your doubles paddle? Or are you confused about which paddle can help you win a singles pickleball game? Or maybe you want to switch to singles play and are looking for the best paddles to help you win.
Whatever your case, you are looking for the best pickleball paddles for single. And you are right in looking for the paddles that can increase your reach and power as a singles player.
Singles game, unlike the doubles, is all about speed and power. It’s a game where you need physical fitness, strategy, and a reliable elongated and power paddle.
Let’s get into it and see which paddles you can choose from and how they help you.
Table of Contents
- What Makes a Good Singles Pickleball Paddle
Best Pickleball Paddle for Singles: Our Picks
- 1. Selkirk Vanguard Invikta Pickleball Paddle
- 2. Onix Evoke Premier Pickleball Paddle
- 3. WILSON Juice XL Pickleball Paddle
- 4. Gamma Needle Pickleball Paddle
- 5. Onix React Pickleball Paddle
- 6. Prolite Chrome N-R-G Pickleball Paddle
- 7. Rally Graphite Power 5.0 Pickleball Paddle
- 8. Paddletek Bantam Sabre Pro Pickleball Paddle
- 9. Gearbox GX6 Carbon Fiber Pickleball Paddle
- 10. HUDEF HB 2.0 Pickleball Paddle
- The Bottomline
- MORE POP
- BETTER BALL CONTROL & ENHANCED SPIN
- EXCELLENT FEEL & DURABILITY
- TWO GRIP OPTIONS
- Made in the USA
- CARBON FIBER PICKLEBALL PADDLE
- X5 HONEYCOMB CORE
- An increased sweet spot size
- Elongated Shape-- Extra Reach
- One-Year Warranty
- Composite face with extra spin
- USAPA Approved
What Makes a Good Singles Pickleball Paddle
Once you decide to buy a paddle, it seems like an easy job. It can be easy if you know what you are looking for. Your style and the type of game you play determine what paddles you need.
This is a brief guide to help you choose a paddle for the singles game. For more details, you can check our article on choosing a pickleball paddle.
Weight of the Paddle
While choosing a paddle, weight is the first factor you should consider. In the market, there are three types of paddles:
- Lightweight paddles (below 7.3 oz)
- Mid-weight paddles (7.3 to 8.2 oz)
- Heavyweight paddles (8.3oz and above)
A paddle with weight can help you better your game when it comes to singles. A mid-weight to heavyweight paddle can derive more power and hit the ball across the net. These paddles can generate the power a singles player is looking for and make swinging and hard hits easy.
Heavyweight paddles generate power but lack control and precision. Thus as a singles player, your best option can be mid-weight paddles. They can give the power and the accuracy to get the best score.
Pickleball Paddle Shape
USAPA has instructed that paddle can’t exceed 24 inches, including edge guard and but cap. So, manufacturers keep experimenting to build paddles in various shapes.
- Standard Paddle: These paddles have a balanced body and shape that most players prefer. Provides a good balance of power and control.
- Elongated Paddle: These are paddles with a very long body and narrow surface area. They are best for extra reach and power. Thus, elongated paddles are ideal for singles players.
- Long Handle Paddle: These paddles have a longer handle and smaller body. These paddles can be excellent for a player who holds the handle with both hands.
For singles players, it’s best to go with elongated or long handle pickleball paddles, as they provide you the extra reach to cover the whole court.
Power Pickleball Paddles
Usually, power pickleball paddles are heavy and made of composite/fiberglass material. The heavier the paddle, the more power it will generate. Power paddles are the best pickleball paddles for singles. As you and your opponent have to cover the whole court, it helps to have a paddle that can hit deep and hard with power.
However, don’t only look for power in a paddle as control is also important.
There are three types of materials used in the pickleball industry.
- Wooden paddle: They are a great option for beginners and kids who want to have some fun once in a while. They are the cheapest paddles.
- Composite Paddles: These paddles are the best when it comes to pricing, quality, and performance. They usually have composite core and fiberglass hitting the surface. Often use a textured surface that gives the player control over the ball.
- Graphite Paddles: These are the most expensive paddles. Due to the graphite surface, they provide high control and are very durable and strong. If you are looking for extreme control and a professional-level paddle, go for it.
Buying a paddle, either heavy or light, for singles or doubles, doesn’t matter if you can’t hold it comfortably. This means that a paddle with too big or small grip size is of no use for any player. Whether you are a beginner or professional, you can only play and win when you have a perfect grip size for your hand.
Therefore, choose a paddle with the right grip size, and if you are not sure about the right size, go for a smaller grip. You can always add an overgrip to get the desired size.
Best Pickleball Paddle for Singles: Our Picks
When it comes to singles games, you need a different approach and paddles to win the match. Singles paddle should provide you with enough reach and power to help you hit and win. Below is the list of best pickleball paddles for singles players.
1. Selkirk Vanguard Invikta Pickleball Paddle
A renowned name in the pickleball industry, Selkirk uses leading-edge technology and the best materials to provide the finest paddles. In the Vanguard series, Invikta offers the longest reach. It is the best choice for players who want an elongated paddle with a long handle.
This is also an ideal paddle for tennis converts. They like the feel of 4.25 inches Geo- grip circumference with 5.25 inches long handle. It enables them to use both hands, especially for backhand shots. A comfortable and sweat-absorbing grip is a guarantee for long-winning matches for you.
The longer paddle shape with 16.5 inches length and 7.5 inches width makes it the perfect choice for singles players. With its long shape, you can get extra reach and power.
Along with polypropylene honeycomb, the engineers have developed a new proprietary Quad Carbon technology. This technology attaches two carbon fiber layers on both sides of the paddle. Selkirk Vanguard Invikta paddle offers great power that gives you an edge over your opponent. It allows you to have speed and consistency.
The face also has a unique cross-weave carbon fiber that provides stiffness and spin to the ball. This paddle is highly shock and vibration absorbent.
These features make it a perfect paddle for the singles players who desperately need extra reach and power hits. Yet, many people are complaining about the chipping surface and small sweet spot.
- This paddle has a lot of power.
- It has a lightweight edge guard to increase durability.
- This paddle is USAPA approved.
- It comes with weight variation from light to mid-weight paddles.
- This paddle lacks in a spin.
- It has a small sweet spot.
2. Onix Evoke Premier Pickleball Paddle
Designed by Matt Wright and Lucy Kovalova, Onix Evoke Premier provides unparalleled power. Due to its power and precision, you can get the upper hand on your opponent in the singles.
Onix Evoke paddle has variations in weight from 7.8 to 8.2 ounces. Therefore, a perfect choice for singles players who need powerful and accurate shots from the baseline.
With a 16 × 8 inches paddle, you will get a slightly elongated paddle. It will give you extra reach and a bigger sweet spot. Onix Evoke uses 5 inches long and 4.25 inches circumference grip. Its tennis-style handle has a super comfortable shape.
It has a polypropylene core with DF composite face that has a very thin coating on the surface. It softens the ball but doesn’t let it lose the spin. The core provides the power for hard shots, especially from the baseline.
With the help of Atomic 13 Edge, they built an edge guard that diffuses the shock. It dispersed the impact evenly across the paddle, providing a consistent feel every time you hit your opponent’s ball. With the help of the edge guard, you get to increase the power and accuracy.
In short, Onix Evoke Premier is a great paddle for singles, as we see many players using it in tournaments. However, it is too fast, and not every player feels comfortable with its speed.
Onix Evoke Premier is a bit expensive, so you can check out Onix Evoke Pro, which offers nearly the same features for a lesser cost.
- It has a bigger sweet spot.
- It is a sturdy and long-lasting paddle.
- Great paddle for touch, power, and pop.
- Some people don’t like the edge guard that often comes off.
- Its square-shaped handle is not very comfortable for a few players.
3. WILSON Juice XL Pickleball Paddle
Wilson Juice XL is an amazing paddle specially designed for singles players. It has what a singles player needs, the power to deliver shots and a length to reach out and not miss the ball.
This is an elongated paddle with 17 inches in length and 6 ¾ inches in width. Despite its narrow shape, professionals can hit the sweet spot. But for beginners, hitting the sweet spot with this paddle can be a challenge.
Polypropylene honeycomb core allows the paddle to dampen the shock and vibration that reduces noise also. PO3 fiberglass composite makes it lightweight with 7.2 to 7.6 oz weight and a responsive paddle. It will give an excellent blend of touch and control.
Its handle is 5 inches long, ideal for most players with 4 ¼ inches in circumference. The comfortable grip provides a strong grip.
Clear Spin PWR technology generates controlled power and spin. A triangular pattern on the surface of the paddle
The shock-absorbing edge guard is used to keep the paddle safe and protected for durability and longevity.
Overall, it’s one of the best paddles for singles. A long body with a powerful core is optimized for reach and strength. If you are not used to of playing with such a shape, you may find it hard to maneuver it.
- Ideal for tennis converted players due to its long shape.
- One-year manufacturer warranty.
- Not very easy to handle for beginners.
- For some, weight distribution is odd, and they find this paddle head heavy.
4. Gamma Needle Pickleball Paddle
The Gamma Needle is the first elongated paddle in the Gamma series, with many handy features. We find it perfect for singles players. It is especially very popular due to its weight, maneuverability, and long face.
It is 16 5/8 inches long and 7 1/8 inches wide paddle with 7.6 oz well-distributed weight. Most of the players find this weight range very comforting and flexible. Being able to hit the deep shots and extend your reach with control and precision is what every singles player wants.
Its textured graphite face enables you to spin the ball. Yet, the narrow face makes it hard to hit the sweet spot for new players. But that issue can be resolved once you get used to the paddle.
Sensa Poly Core is a new technology that will increase the paddle’s touch. Now you will get consistent control of your game and ball.
The honeycomb cushioned grip with sweat observing material is an amazing feature. However, the 4 1/8 inches in circumference and 4 ¼ inches long handle is not very suitable for bigger hands.
- Great paddle for beginner to pro-level players.
- Soft and comfortable grip.
- Approved by USAPA.
- Polymer core makes it a quitter paddle.
- It has a smaller grip size and handle length.
- Has a narrow sweet spot.
5. Onix React Pickleball Paddle
Onix React is the best paddle for touch and power. It is another paddle with a wide face in our list of singles pickleball paddles.
Its hybrid core combines two common cores, polypropylene with Nomex inserts. It is also called Fusion Core Technology. This gives the wide edges of the paddle control and power to the central sweet spot. And to add an extra edge, a graphite surface is added to the face.
It has a very well distributed weight due to the Nomex insert in the middle of the paddle, giving it a bigger sweet spot. The Onix React paddle has a weight range from 7.9-8.3 ounces, which makes it easier to have power and strong hits. But its heavyweight is not comfortable for all players. Many players find it hard to maneuver.
15 ½ inches long and 8 ¼ inches wide, Onix React has a big-hitting surface and edge guard for full protection. It has a short tennis-shaped 4 7/8 inches long handle, ideal for transition players. A small handle is not ideal for all players.
- Big sweet spot
- USAPA approved
- One-year warranty for manufacturer defects
- Best for tennis players
- Not suitable for beginners players
- Some players find it heavyweight.
6. Prolite Chrome N-R-G Pickleball Paddle
Prolite Chrome N-R-G is specially designed for singles play. Its extended length and teardrop shape provide extra reach and hitting surface. It helps the players who have to cover the court alone.
The Prolite Chrome N-R-G is 16 5/8 inches long and 7 5/16 inches wide. Its shape provides enough surface to give you better ball placement. It has a comparatively small 4 ½ inches long handle and a comfortable 4 ¼ inches circumference grip.
It is a great paddle for hitting groundstrokes or quick shots with a short reaction time. Its fiberglass triple-layer surface gives you great control. The surface will hold a ball just a second longer for you to determine your shot.
Quad-Core TM polymer honeycomb makes your paddle robust. It keeps the sound minimum and gives a great bounce and response to the ball.
Chrome N-R-G is protected with a thin and lightweight micro-edge guard. If you are interested in the bigger sweet spot and maximum reach, go for Chrome N-R-G.
- It is a great paddle for power and spin.
- Very quick ball response due to three layers of composite
- Green zone approved
- A unique shape and eye-catching colors
- Not an ideal paddle for doubles
- Many people are not comfortable with the shape.
7. Rally Graphite Power 5.0 Pickleball Paddle
Many single players are not looking for a long paddle. Instead, they want the power to hit hard. Rally Power 5.0 is a paddle for them. Its hard-hitting surface and 8.2-ounce weight provide the singles player’s power.
Even when you hit from the baseline, you want your ball to reach its destination. Its hybrid graphite, polymer and fiberglass composite, and Vertigrabe Wave technology help you to gain consistent power, precision, and spin.
The thick 9/16 core and 8-1/8 inches wider paddle face give it a bigger sweet spot and power. Singles players love that power and spin.
Not only do you get balance, speed, and spin, but also variations in grip size to fit you accordingly. A comfortable and cushioned grip makes the playing more fun.
Rally Power 5.0 is the best option for singles players who want power.
- It has great vibration control.
- It’s a quieter paddle.
- Great paddle for power, spin, and precision.
- Some players are not comfortable with the weight.
8. Paddletek Bantam Sabre Pro Pickleball Paddle
With the collaboration of National Champion and US Open Triple Crown winner Scott Moore, this paddle is specially designed for experienced and singles players. Its elongated handle and sleek shape increase the reach of the players struggling with missing shots.
With its 6 ¼ inches long handle and cushioned grip in thin and slandered size. You will have the chance to use both hands for backhands. Also, players with big hands find extra-long handles comforting and empowering.
Bantam Sabre Pro has a 16 ½ inches length and 7 3/8 inches width. The Smart Response Technology and polymer composite honeycomb core make Sabre Pro a forgiving and accurate paddle.
Bantam Sabre weighs between 7.8 – 8.4 ounces, making it a bit heavier mid-weight paddle. Another feature is the polycarbonate paddle surface. Together they increase the power and allow you to smack the ball across the court at your desired target.
This durable and strong paddle is great for deriving power while playing singles. Being a popular paddle among the pros, you can bank on this paddle to help you on the court.
- Great power
- Lifetime warranty from manufacturers
- Comes in multiple colors.
- Has an option in grip size and weight.
- Some players find it heavy.
- Not suitable for players looking for control
9. Gearbox GX6 Carbon Fiber Pickleball Paddle
Gearbox GX6 comes in power and control paddle, making it a perfect choice for singles players. The first thing you will notice is its hardwood-like surface and edgeless frame.
Gearbox GX6 doesn’t use any traditional honeycomb but their Solid Span technology (SST). Its core is handcrafted, and all boxes are arranged accordingly for optimum use. It is constructed in one piece module that prevents the breakage of the handle. It makes GX6 strong for the singles intense game.
It is an elongated paddle with 16 5/8 inches length and 7 3/8 width. The carbon fiber surface and no edge frame give it a bigger sweet spot and hitting area for fewer miss-hits.
GX6 has a comfortable ergonomic grip that comes in two sizes. Some players are not happy with the smaller grips, 3 5/8 inches, and 3 15/16 inches. But, an overgrip can solve this problem.
The extended handle length, big-hitting surfer, and balance of power and control help a singles player to get maximum hits.
This paddle is an amazing paddle for overall performance. You will get power, control, spin, and balance.
- It has an aerodynamic shape.
- Edge less frame cause fewer miss-hits.
- Quick and responsive paddle
- No edge guard
- Some players think that its lightweight does not generate enough power.
Check out our review of Gearbox GX5 pickleball paddles here.
10. HUDEF HB 2.0 Pickleball Paddle
Hudef HB 2.0 is another suitable paddle for players from a tennis background who like to play singles. Its shape, reach, and weight everything is ideal for singles players.
With its light 7.9 oz weight, 5 inches handle, and 17.3 inches length, you get a lighter and elongated paddle. It is great for singles who don’t want to miss a dink, volley, or ground stroke.
With its graphite face, you get a quieter paddle which is durable. It allows you to hit hard without worrying about wear and tear. Its face holds the ball long enough, so you can hit the target.
Polypropylene honeycomb core keeps the vibration at a minimum. It helps a lot if you have any medical issues like tennis elbow or wrist problems.
Hudef HB 2.0’s 5 inches long handle uses the newest double buffering technology for extra cushioning. It has small holes to absorb the sweat.
Though Hudef HB 2.0 offers extra reach, it doesn’t offer a lot of power. It can be due to its weight and thinner built. Thus, It can be amazing for the singles players looking for reach but not power.
- It’s a quiet paddle.
- Hudef HB2.0 provides a good spin.
- It has a good blend of power and control.
- It’s a lightweight paddle.
- Not suitable for players looking for weight and power
- Many players are not satisfied with how thin the paddle is
After deep research, we carefully curated the above list for you. We elaborated on all the features, their advantages, and their disadvantages.
This list has paddles for your different needs, style, and requirements. You can choose heavy or light, wide or narrow, short or long, and elongated or standard paddles from this list. But the common thing among all these paddles is that they are the best pickleball paddles for singles.
If you’re still confused, we’d advise you to go with Selkirk Vanguard Invikta or Paddletek Bantam Pro Sabre. Invikta has an elongated shape which extends your reach, whereas Paddletek Bantam Pro Sabre provides sheer power. Paddletek Bantam is also more affordable.
The variation in prices makes this list suitable for players with different budgets. We also provided a brief guide that you should consider, especially when buying the paddle for singles.
If you have any questions or need to know more about paddles, visit your homepage to find tons of content.